Wednesday, April 1, 2009

GIVE

Posted by Marcus Williamson at 9:25 AM
For the past couple of weeks I have had the opportunity to meet with a group of guys on Wednesday mornings. We eat, talk, and have really solid discussions about this book called Crazy Love by Francis Chan. We went over Chapter 7 today and, like the whole book, it really has made me think through my thought process on some things. One in particular is this idea of GIVING. One phrase that sticks out to me goes like this:

When it's hard and you are doubtful, give more
.

Even for me that's hard; and I consider myself a person who gives of his time a good bit.

Francis goes on to say on the next page...
Pride tells you that you've sacrificed more than others. Fear tells you it's time to worry about the future. Friends say you've given enough, that it's someone else's turn now. But Jesus says keep on and you will see more of God.

What I want to do is encourage those who are giving to the point where you feel you are running on fumes to give a little more. TRUST ME its worth it.

There is this awesome quote which I can't take credit for, Dave Ramsey deserves it, but he says "GIVING is in our DNA." And its so true. We are meant to GIVE. And you know what I am talking about because when you do give whether its of your time, money, wisdom, etc it feels good. REALLY GOOD. So I pray you are able to give more abundantly than before. And when it becomes hard remember YOU WILL SEE MORE OF GOD in you own life when you do.

0 comments on "GIVE"

Post a Comment