Tuesday, March 31, 2009

BLOGGING

Posted by Marcus Williamson at 6:45 PM
I am early in my blog writing and I don't know all the ropes yet. So because of that I check many other blogs to see what they are saying interesting for the day and also to try figure out how they do their blog. You know set up, do they use video, pictures, so forth.

Some blogs I try to check pretty regularly are:

BEN ARMENT. He is the Experience and Innovation Director for Catalyst in Atlanta. Catalyst is a HUGE leadership conference. And if that's your heartbeat I strongly recommend that for you. You have big names like Francis Chan, Craig Groeschel, Rick Warren, and of course Andy Stanley.

TONY STEWARD over at Lifechurch.tv. He is the online community pastor there. Now stop and go to google.com and type that title in. ONLINE COMMUNITY PASTOR and see who's name pops up. Crazy Right? Thats not even the half of it. He shares his insights on media, the internet, and this idea of an online community. He does other stuff as well so if you like the concept you should check him out.

CARLOS WHITTAKER. Simply the man. He is the Service Programming Director at Buckhead Church. Or like He says "..is basically a really complicated way of saying I'm the Creative Arts Worship Pastor." He also does an amazing job at creating an authentic community through blogging. He posts all kinds of info that really grabs your attention. There is something for everyone on there.

Other blogs I follow are Steven Furtick, Ed Young, Lanny Donoho, Mark Driscoll, and Mark Batterson. I follow others losely as well. I think BLOGS are cool because it allows you to see closer into someones life you may want to learn from. It also gives you freedom to express your ideas. And I know when a topic comes up many would love to chime in and BLOGS do that for you. So if you are still wary about blogs. I challenge you to find one that may interest you. There is something out there for everyone. Whether its music related, art related, sports, or whatever you should give it a try for a week. READ it regularly and you may just LIKE IT.

0 comments on "BLOGGING"

Post a Comment